The Franconia Notch State Park Recreational Trail
This 8.8 mile paved bike path is designed for pedestrian, bicycle, and snowmobile use. The Path starts at the Flume parking lot located at the south end of Franconia Notch Parkway. The trail is up-hill through Franconia Notch. Along the way bikers will pass by scenic attractions such as:
- The Basin; A beautiful water fall with a granite pothole of 20 feet in diameter. It is believed to have been eroded 25,000 years ago while the North American Ice sheet was melting.
- Echo Lake; A beautiful mountain lake, 1,93l feet elevation, offering swimming, fishing and boating to park visitors.
- Views of Mt. Lafayette and Cannon Mountain.
- Cannon Mt. Aerial Tramway; The first passenger aerial tramway in North American offering a scenic 5-minute ride to the top of Cannon Mt.
Enjoy Safe Bike Trips
- Bicycles keep to the right
- Take it Easy, watch for hills, sharp curves, and slippery pavement or bridges.
- Always wear your biking helmet
- Walkers keep to the left, facing bicycle traffic
- Speed limit on Bike Path is 20 miles per hour
Back to Biking Page